3 March 2005
Our ref: HG/QC/MAR05/J027
Dear Ms Newbill
As per your email dated 18 February 2005, we hereby grant you permission to reprint the aforementioned material at no charge in your thesis subject to the following conditions:
1. If any part of the material to be used (for example, figures) has appeared in our publication with credit or acknowledgement to another source, permission must also be sought from that source. If such permission is not obtained then that material may not be included in your publication/copies.
2. Suitable acknowledgment to the source must be made, either as a footnote or in a reference list at the end of your publication, as follows:
“Reprinted from Publication title, Vol number, Author(s), Title of article, Pages No., Copyright (Year), with permission from Elsevier”.
3. Reproduction of this material is confined to the purpose for which permission is hereby given.
4. This permission is granted for non-exclusive world English rights only. For other languages please reapply separately for each one required. Permission excludes use in an electronic form. Should you have a specific electronic project in mind please reapply for permission.
5. This includes permission for UMI to supply single copies, on demand, of the complete thesis. Should your thesis be published commercially, please reapply for permission.
Your future requests will be handled more quickly if you complete the online form at www.elsevier.com/locate/permissions