Bark beetles associated with killed Virginia pine (Pinus virginiana Mill.) in Patrick County, Virginia
MetadataShow full item record
Killed Virginia pine, (Pinus virginiana Mill.), held in the vertical position, attracted 99.65 percent of the insects in the families Scolytidae, Cerambycidae, Curculionidae, and Buprestidae. The remaining 0.35 percent were collected from nontreated control trees. The dominant insect species were analyzed regarding seasonal abundance and specificity in selecting suitable host material.
- Masters Theses