VTechWorks staff will be away for the Thanksgiving holiday starting at noon on Wednesday, November 23, through Friday, November 25, and will not be replying to requests during this time. Thank you for your patience.
LISA: Virginia Tech's Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis Annual Report 2014-15
|dc.contributor.author||Vance, Eric A.||en|
|dc.identifier.citation||Vance, E. and Pruitt, T. LISA: Virginia Tech's Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis Annual Report 2014-15. Submitted August 5, 2016, 28 pages.||en|
|dc.description.abstract||The 2014-15 academic year was very successful for LISA, Virginia Tech’s Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis. LISA statistical collaborators helped 1349 researchers around Virginia Tech for the three main services of Collaboration Meetings, Walk-in Consulting, and educational Short Courses (Figure 1)|
Highlights of 2014-15:
- Vigorous emphasis on collaborations and co-authorships resulted in 20 peer-reviewed publications; 26 conference posters and presentations; and an additional 28 manuscript submissions.
- Five new statistical collaboration laboratories were created in developing countries (in Nigeria, Tanzania, Ethiopia, and Brazil) and joined the LISA 2020 network. Five LISA Fellows were trained at LISA and two LISA Ambassadors spent 6 months in Africa helping grow the new stat labs.
- Our short courses continued improving and we conducted 38 Video Coaching and Feedback Sessions to improve LISA’s statistical collaboration skills.
- LISA collaborated with researchers from 65 departments and initiated new partnership with the Center for Open Science in Charlottesville, VA.
- For the fifth year in a row, LISA was featured in an invited session at the American Statistical Association’s (ASA) Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM). This year’s invited session was “Preparing Students to Work in Industry.”
|dc.publisher||Virginia Tech. Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis||en|
|dc.subject||Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis||en|
|dc.title||LISA: Virginia Tech's Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis Annual Report 2014-15||en|
|dc.contributor.department||Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis (LISA)||en|