- Rethinking Otherness in the Age of Neoliberalism: 9th Annual ASPECT Graduate ConferenceASPECT (Virginia Tech, 2019-03-21)The ASPECT graduate conference program includes a schedule of events for the annual conference held March 21-23, 2019, in Squires Student Center, Newman Library, and Torgersen Hall.
- ASPECT Working Papers and Books at the Library, Fall 2016(Virginia Tech, 2016)Presentations of ASPECT working papers and books at the Library in Fall 2016.
- Steampunk, Zombie Apocalypse, and Homoerotic Romance: Rewriting Revolution Plus Love in Contemporary ChinaNi, Zhange (Virginia Tech, 2018-10)What if the industrial revolution had first taken place in late imperial China, which had taken the lead in technological innovations but suffered a severe shortage of fossil fuels and clashed with the equally energy-hungry West? What if, fast forward to 2012, global warming had released a fatal virus and unleashed a zombie pandemic threatening to terminate the human civilization and transform the entire planet? These are some of speculative scenarios enacted in contemporary Chinese popular novels. To one’s surprise, these novels are not associated with the relatively more established field of science fiction, but consumed and produced as danmei, that is, homoerotic romance featuring love affairs of male characters primarily but not exclusively for the entertainment of young women.
- Geography and the Environment Through Kitchenspace: Cultural Ecology in the House-lot Garden in Central MexicoChristie, Maria Elisa (Virginia Tech. University Libraries, 2018-03-16)The WGD program at CIRED has conducted a monthly discussion series for over a decade. Students, faculty, staff and members of the community are encouraged to attend the discussions and bring their ideas and questions. The series offers an opportunity for scholars and development practitioners to share their research and knowledge surrounding gender and international development with the Virginia Tech community and beyond.
- The Digital Fog of War: Baudrillard and the Violence of RepresentationArtrip, Ryan E.; Debrix, François (International Journal of Baudrillard Studies, 2014-05)Special Issue: Baudrillard and War