Award-winning Theses and Dissertations
Every year, the Virginia Tech Graduate School honors several outstanding theses and dissertations, and some theses and dissertations have won external awards. Browse these works here.
- 2016: "Virginia Tech Graduate School honors top scholars of the 2015-16 academic year"
- 2013: "Laura Gambrel, Justin Lemkul receive 2013 Outstanding Dissertation Award"
- 2012: "Robert Neal and Catherine Larochelle receive 2012 Outstanding Dissertation Awards from Graduate School"
- 2011: "Nikkhah wins best dissertation for identification of cell biomechanical signatures"
- 2011: "Graduate students receive William Preston Society Thesis awards"
- 2010: "Graduate School selects outstanding master's research from Class of 2010"
(Virginia Tech, 2011-11-18)This dissertation is composed of three essays; the first two examine the decision-making of potato producing households in Bolivia and the third examines well-being changes among Zimbabwe households. The first essay ...
(Virginia Tech, 2009-05-22)This work is focused on the design, fabrication and characterization of high performance MEMS-based micro gas chromatography columns having wide range of applications in the pharmaceutical industry, environmental monitoring, ...
(Virginia Tech, 2010-05-06)The problem of evil arises from the argument that the existence of suffering is incompatible with (or else renders improbable) the existence of an omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent God (and that, since the former ...
(Virginia Tech, 2011-05-06)According to the American Cancer Society, Cancer is the second most common cause of death in the United States, only exceeded by heart disease. Over the past decade, deciphering the complex structure of individual cells ...
Incorporating Motives into the Theory of Planned Behavior: Implications for Reducing Alcohol Abuse among College Students (Virginia Tech, 2011-04-18)College alcohol abuse continues as a major public-health concern. Theory-driven research is necessary to address the severe negative consequences of this college drinking. One theory that offers particular promise is the ...